Most people could benefit from financial advice but, in many cases, they simply don’t know where to go to get sound advice and they don’t want to find themselves in the middle of a sales pitch. Look no further than the 2018 Alabama Money Expo presented by the Regions Institute for Financial Education on Saturday, March 3rd, 8:30a – 1:00p, at the DoubleTree Birmingham (808 20th St. S). If you have financial questions this is a great place to get answers (no sales pitches!) on just about any topic. There’s something for everyone plus a chance to win BIG Prizes! Here are some of the highlights of the event:
One-on-one financial advice. You’ll have the opportunity to sit down for a one-on-one meeting with experts in their fields:
- Financial Planning. You’ll be able to sit down with a Certified Financial Planner® professional and get advice about your most important concerns. Be sure to bring any documents you’d like to review.
- Career Corner. If you’re looking for career counselling or how to write an effective resume, a team of experts will be there to personally guide you.
- Credit Café. Want strategies for fixing your credit? One-on-one experts will advise how to repair your credit and offer easy-to-follow budget tips.
- Home Ownership. Want to buy a home or are you struggling to keep your home? We’ll have an expert sit down with you personally to help you solve this puzzle.
- VITA Tax Preparation: The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program offers free tax help to people who generally make $54,000 or less, persons with disabilities, the elderly and limited English speaking taxpayers who need assistance in preparing their own tax returns.
Due to limited space, you’ll want to pre-register for these one-on-one sessions at www.uab.edu/rife/conference/register .
Financial Workshops. There will be a series of speakers on a variety of topics:
- Get Out of Debt: Doug Horst, Gateway Family Solutions.
- Estate Planning: Wills vs. Trusts: Sayage Grubbs, Esq., Asset Protection & Business Structure Attorney
- Mortgage Education for Homebuyers: Theresa Campbell, Synovus Mortgage Corp.
- Effects of Long Term Care, To Have or Not to Have: Bernard L. Mathis, New York Life Insurance Company
- Prize Drawings: Comedienne JOY the Queen of Clean will host the 2018 Money Expo with Prize Drawings throughout the day!
Pre-registration is not required but workshops and one-on-one sessions fill up quickly, so I highly encourage you to register right now! To pre-register or get more information about the Money expo visit www.uab.edu/rife/conference. If you’d like more information about the Regions Institute for Financial Education, visit www.uab.edu.rife .