About Jay McGowan
Jay McGowan joined The Welch Group in 2021 and serves as a Senior Advisor. He has nearly 15 years of business experience in the accounting and financial planning/wealth management fields.
Prior to joining The Welch Group, Jay worked as an auditor for a public accounting firm in Birmingham and more recently served as an advisor and Director of Financial Planning for a local wealth management firm. In his free time, Jay enjoys outdoor activities, exercise, woodworking, and spending time with his wife and two children.
• Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a major in Accountancy, Auburn University, Auburn, AL
• Master of Accountancy, Auburn University, Auburn, AL
• CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner
• Certified Public Accountant
• Personal Financial Specialist
• Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants
• American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
• Financial Planning Association of North Alabama
• Mountain Brook Community Church – Aaron’s Staff Respite Care Ministry