Brent Gillis joined The Welch Group in 2018 as the firm’s Special Projects Manager. Prior to joining The Welch Group, Brent served under the Department of Homeland Security in a protection role with the U.S. Secret Service.
He then spent more than 12 years in the commercial insurance industry serving in a variety of roles from sales and business development to risk management services for national clients. He most recently served as Vice President of Risk Management Services for an insurance company in Birmingham.
Brent is actively involved in his community and is passionate about mentoring young people as a volunteer youth sports coach. He also serves in a volunteer leadership role with Highlands College mentoring student groups. He is happily married and has two sons. In his free time, he loves running, playing sports, and spending time outdoors.
• Bachelor of Science in Consumer Sciences with a concentration in Family Financial Planning and Counseling, The University of Alabama; Tuscaloosa, AL
• Investment Advisor Certified Compliance Professional
• Certified Insurance Counselor
• The National Alliance for Insurance Education & Research
• Estate Planning Council of Birmingham
• Financial Planning Association of North Alabama