Michael Wagner is a Member and Senior Advisor at The Welch Group and also serves as the Director of Business Development. He has nearly 20 years of business experience in the accounting and financial fields. Prior to joining The Welch Group, Michael worked as a Senior Consultant for a forensic accounting and valuation firm and also worked in the Assurance and Advisory practice for the Birmingham office of Ernst & Young, LLP.
In his free time, Michael enjoys volunteer coaching youth sports, endurance training, and spending time with his wife and two children.
• Bachelor of Science in Accounting, The University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL
• Master of Accountancy, The University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL
• CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner
• Certified Public Accountant
• Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants
• American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
• Estate Planning Council of Birmingham, Past President
• Financial Planning Association of North Alabama
• National Christian Foundation, Giving Champion Board
• Homewood Lacrosse, Board Member