Marshall Clay joined The Welch Group in 2012 as an Associate Advisor and is now a Member and Senior Advisor. Prior to joining The Welch Group, Marshall served seven years as an Officer in the United States Army, where he performed two combat tours of duty in Iraq and one tour in the Republic of South Korea.
Following his Army career, he earned a law degree from Cumberland School of Law at Samford University in Birmingham. Marshall’s passion for finance led him to pursue a career in the financial services industry and his unique education along with his world experience greatly adds to our firm’s ability to serve clients.
In his free time, he enjoys spending time with his wife and son. Marshall also enjoys running, playing sports, and working in his yard.
• Bachelor of Science in Human and Regional Geography with a minor in Environmental Engineering, United States Military Academy, West Point, NY
• Juris Doctorate, Cumberland School of Law, Samford University, Birmingham, AL
• CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner
• Estate Planning Council of Birmingham
• Financial Planning Association of North Alabama
• Alabama Veterans Memorial Foundation, Board
• Kiwanis Club of Homewood – Mountain Brook